New blurb for Scott Lynch's THE REPUBLIC OF THIEVES


There is a new blurb out there for Scott Lynch's eagerly anticipated The Republic of Thieves (Canada, USA, Europe):

Scott Lynch continues to astound and entertain with his thrillingly inventive, wickedly funny, suspense-filled adventures featuring con artist extraordinaire Locke Lamora. Now, in his most captivating novel yet, readers reunite with Locke – and meet the only female Gentleman Bastard. . .

George R. R. Martin has called Lynch "a bright new voice" and his hero, Locke Lamora, "a charming rogue." In THE REPUBLIC OF THIEVES, having pulled off the greatest heist of their career, Locke and his trusted partner in thievery, Jean, have escaped with a tidy fortune. But, poisoned by an enemy from his past, Locke is slowly dying. And no physiker or alchemist can help him.

Yet just as the end is near, a mysterious Bondsmagi offers Locke an opportunity that will either save him – or finish him off once and for all. Magi political elections are imminent, and the factions are in need of a pawn. If Locke agrees to play the role, sorcery will be used to purge the venom from his body – though the process will be so excruciating he may well wish for death.

Locke is opposed, but two factors cause his will to crumble: Jean's imploring – and the Bondsmagi's mention of a woman from Locke's past: Sabetha. The love of his life. His equal in skill and wit. Locke was smitten with Sabetha from his first glimpse of her as a young fellow-orphan and thief-in-training. But after a tumultuous courtship, Sabetha broke away.

Now they will reunite in yet another clash of wills. For the opposition knows of Locke's recruitment and has cleverly secured Sabetha as their countermeasure. Faced with his one and only match in both love and trickery, Locke must choose whether to fight Sabetha – or to woo her. It is a decision on which his life may depend
.

Can't wait to read this book!!!

15 commentaires:

C.Qsarrae said...

That has to be one of the most fantastic covers I've ever seen!

Lauren said...

So so so so so excited for this book!!! I don't think I could get any more excited! I check Scott Lynch's livejournal constantly just in the slim hopes that he might post something about it!

Jimmy Sjöberg said...

Sounds amazing! I hope Lynch is back in full book production, he is one of the best things that have happened to this genre in the last decade imo.

Mus42 said...

I think there are lots of people who also can't wait to read this book, myself included! Looks like we're finally getting close to a release, and with Mr Lynch doing well I hope the rest in the series will follow.

The Small Gray Cat said...

Where is that blurb from, Pat? Gollancz?

I've been far more excited for the release of this book than I was for Martin's, tbh. This is another very positive sign that this book is finally going to see the light of day.

Maybe not this year, though - we're fast running out of space on the calendar and I (for one) don't buy that the publisher would release this in December, which tends to be a dead time for publishers. If I were a betting man (and I am), I'd lay odds on mid-February. Just a guess, though.

Anonymous said...

I can only assume that this is Sabetha on the cover and I must admit that she is as attractive as Locke's memories suggested.

Lauren said...

Last time I looked on the gollancz website they had a November release date scheduled but I'm not sure if that is still accurate

ScriboErgoSum said...

I cannot wait for this book. The story sounds divine, and the two sections Lynch has released harken back to Lies instead of the more brooding Red Skies. The section with Chains and Sabetha was a mighty entertaining read.

Unfortunately, I think this will be an early 2012 release. It'll be sharing top spot for most anticipated novel of the year with Robert McCammon's The Providence Rider.

Anonymous said...

I cannot wait for this book, it's been to long.

Daniel said...

The cover is enough to make me want to read this book.

redhead said...

add me to the list of people who can't wait to read this! Lynch's books are on the very short list of books I go back to and reread over and over and over again. Because I just can not get enough of his writing.

Chris Wolfe said...

I was so excited to read this until I saw the cover... Just another fantasy novel cover that makes you want to hide it so no one sees. Shameful.

Unknown said...

Amzazon have just cancelled my order - what is going on anyone?

nicole said...

http://www.gollancz.co.uk/2011/09/a-message-from-deputy-publishing-director-simon-spanton-about-the-republic-of-thieves/

found this guys should read!!

Jillian said...

Can't wait for it too. :(