New cover art for Guy Gavriel Kay's RIVER OF STARS


Penguin Canada unveiled the cover for the trade paperback edition of Guy Gavriel Kay's River of Stars earlier today.

The author talks about the various covers that have graced his books at brightweavings.com. Here's a teaser:

I have been very lucky with River of Stars in my English-language covers. (We’ll start seeing some of the foreign language cover roughs soon. Cross fingers with me.) I loved the blue court figure for the Canadian and US hardcovers (and the US will adapt it for their paperback) and I loved the beautiful UK cover as well (they are also staying with a variant of this for their pb).

I think this new effort by the Penguins in Canada is terrific. My publisher/editor, Nicole Winstanley had some strong ideas about what she wanted to try for, but of course it becomes the task of the (long-suffering?) art director and department to find visual ways to achieve this. I know, because they made a point of telling me (!) that a lot of work and fine tuning went into this look. I saw it in next-to-last version and had only one note, which they agreed with, and smoothly incorporated.

Follow this link to read the full piece.

0 commentaires: