Another milestone!


As crazy as it sounds, today Pat's Fantasy Hotlist turned eighteen years old! In internet years, I figure this makes me a fossil!

When I created this blog in 2005 (before Facebook, Twitter, Goodreads, Reddit, etc), I never would have thought that I'd still be around in 2023!

But 7998 blog posts, over 700 book reviews, plenty of other movie, TV series, and graphic novel reviews, dozens of interviews, about 24,000 comments, and in the ballpark of 20 million page views later, I'm still here.

I always believed that the Hotlist would die its own slow death and that no one would realize that I stopped blogging when I finally decided that it was over. And yet, though I'm nowhere near as active as I used to be, the Hotlist still racks up between 2000 and 2500 page views on a daily basis even if there isn't any new content.

So I wanted to thank you all for sticking with me. All of this would be meaningless without an audience. Many thanks to the SFF authors, the editors, the publicists, the directors of marketing, and everyone else who hooked me up with review copies, or set up interviews and giveaways. You guys are the best!

Thanks for the good times and the not-so-good ones!

12 commentaires:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for continuing to post, I always find your reviews incredibly insightful.

Fred said...

Thank you for your work Patrick, je visite à tous les jours :)

Tommy said...

Congrats and thanks for all you do!

Megazver said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Megazver said...

I still keep an eye on this blog via a feed.

Here's to another eighteen years! :)

Chris V said...

I don't always look, but when I do chances are I find something to read or buy.

Anonymous said...

Congrats!!

Anonymous said...

Thank you Pat. I’ve been reading your reviews for the past 15 years. Always appreciate your recommendations and insights. I never would have read Erikson or Bakker, some of my all time favorite series, if not for you.

Stefan said...

Thanks and keep on ;)

Todd said...

Happy 18th! Thanks for all the years of content.

Michael Cummings said...

I just wanted to drop a note and say thank you. The Hotlist introduced me to some of my favorite series, let me find authors I might not have found on my own. I for one appreciate what you've done over the years. Thank you!

Shroud said...

Thank you for everything, Pat!