Win a free copy of Tad Williams' Shadowplay

Hi guys!

Well, since the Robin Hobb and Neil Gaiman contests were a lot of fun to put together, here we go again!;-) I've just received the confirmation by email that I had the "go ahead" to do this.

In collaboration with Penguin Books USA, I'm organizing a little contest in which the lucky winner will receive a free copy of Tad Williams' Shadowplay from the publisher. There is no official release date at the moment, although Penguin Books believe that it will be in spring/summer 2006. You can already read an excerpt at www.shadowmarch.com.

All you have to do to register is to leave your name and full mailing address in an email that you will send to reviews@(NO-SPAM)gryphonwoodpress.com. I should have thought about that for the previous ones, since a lot of people were uncomfortable with the thought of leaving their names and email addresses in the comment section. By acting thus, it will keep everyone's identity private -- as it should be. Please remove the No-spam addition and make sure that the header reads "SHADOWPLAY." One name will be randomly drawn, sent to the publisher, and a while later the book will be delivered to your doorstep!;-)

Yes, it's that easy!!! Many thanks again to Penguin Books USA for accepting to do this! Once again, this contest is open to all, regardless of where you are from.

Good luck to all the participants!

P. S. I'm hammering out the details to set up another such contest for R. Scott Bakker's The Thousandfold Thought. In addition, I'm in the process of doing the same for Steven Erikson's The Bonehunters. So stay tuned!

6 commentaires:

Anonymous said...

Hi Pat!

I know I'm gonna sound like a jerk, but why go through all this trouble when you could keep the book to yourself? That's what I would do anyway! I registered for both the Hobb and Gaiman draw, and I'll try my luck with this one too!

Thanx for doing this! BTW, love the blog!

Patrick said...

Don't worry, my friend!:-)

I'll get mine first! Hopefully an Advance Reading Copy!;-)

As I said before, I want this blog to be a nice place, a positive place where people can learn about what's good out there. So if, as a bonus, I can get you guys free stuff, why not!?!

If I ever meet one of the winners face-to-face, they can always buy me a drink and we'll call it even!

Cheers!

Patrick

Heidi said...

I think that what you are doing is great! I have sent my email to have a chance at the new novel. Thanks Patrick!

Anonymous said...

Is this open to people outside the US?

Anonymous said...

Hi Pat.
Top work on securing the Erikson interview. I'm looking forward to seeing a comp for The Thousandfold Though. Just one question, will it be an Overlook edition up for grabs?

-Alrin

Patrick said...

This contest is open to all, regardless of where you live!:-)

As for THE THOUSANDFOLD THOUGHT, I'm not sure yet which edition it will be. Either the Canadian version (Penguin Books Canada) and/or the Overlook version.