Worldcon: Montreal 2009

As a Montreal area resident, I've decided to help spread the word about the upcoming Worldcon 2009, Anticipation, in Montreal. The convention will be held next summer from August 6th to August 10th at the Palais des Congrès de Montréal. For more information (in French and English), check out their website at http://www.anticipationsf.ca/

As an unofficial ambassador, over the course of the next weeks/months I'll be posting info regarding accomodation, restaurants, bars and clubs, things to see and do, yada yada yada, in the Montreal area. While I can't do anything about whether or not you'll have a good time at the convention, I want to make sure that you guys have a blast while on my turf. I want you to go back home and tell everyone that MTL rocks!

And who knows!?! Those who'll be coming over just might meet me in person!;-) For those of you who need a little more than that (stinking prima donnas, every last one of you!), well folks like Neil Gaiman and GRRM will be attending. . .:p

Just want to make it clear that I'm not part of the committee which is the driving force behind Anticipation 2009, nor am I associated with them in any shape or form. I just want to give visitors options and let them know where to go to have fun. As a big traveler myself, I am aware that sometimes that's what makes the difference between a good and a bad traveling experience.

I did request that the committee sends me future media releases, however. That way I can keep you guys posted about what's happening.

Looking forward to meeting some of you next summer. . .:-)

3 commentaires:

Andrew said...

I'm hoping to make it up while it's right in the neighborhood. Should be fun!

Val Grimm said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Val Grimm said...

thanks for promoting the con! We'll have another progress report soon, so keep an eye out.

Also, if you're interested in volunteering:
http://anticipationsf.ca/English/VolunteerForm