Speculative Horizons: Update

Inasmuch as possible, I will try to keep you guys updated on the anthology front.

Hal Duncan was the first author to submit a short story, one that I really liked right off the bat. He recently sent me the revised version, and we now had to pass it through the folks at Subterranean Press for a final okay. As you know, Hal can write some fucked up stuff, so I was hoping that they would get into it as much as I did.

Well, the Subpress powers that be found a lot to love about Duncan's "The Death of a Love." Bill emailed me to say that it was a damn good story!

One down, and still four more short stories to go. But C. S. Friedman, L. E. Modesitt, jr., Tobias S. Buckell, and Brian Ruckley now have their work cut out for them -- at least if they plan on topping Duncan's "The Death of a Love."

Truth be told, if they all submit pieces as good as Hal's, they would make my job a lot easier!:p

A while back, Bill asked me to start thinking about an artist for the cover art. Though it's too early to start thinking about the cover (what with us only having one short story to consider at the moment), I did mention that I wouldn't mind having either Michael Komarck or Vincent Chong doing it!;-)

Stay tuned for more. . .

5 commentaires:

Anonymous said...

Vincent Chong...

Nick said...

Vincent Chong...

If you steal Komarck away from Deadhouse Gates for but a moment I'll be forced to form a posse to hunt you down and lynch yo ass.

Fluffs said...

Pat,

This is fantastic news but the first that I am hearing of it. Do you have a link to when you first mentioned it?

Patrick said...

Fluffs: You gotta pay more attention to these things, you know!;-)

Here you go: http://fantasyhotlist.blogspot.com/2008/12/talking-talk-and-walking-walk.html

Fluffs said...

Cheers Pat, I will try harder in future. :D