Win a copy of Brandon Sanderson's THE ALLOY OF LAW


I have three copies of Brandon Sanderson's The Alloy of Law up for grabs, courtesy of the folks at Tor Books! For more info about this title: Canada, USA, Europe.

Here's the blurb:

Fresh from the success of The Way of Kings, Brandon Sanderson, best known for completing Robert Jordan’s Wheel of Time®, takes a break to return to the world of the bestselling Mistborn series.

Three hundred years after the events of the Mistborn trilogy, Scadrial is now on the verge of modernity, with railroads to supplement the canals, electric lighting in the streets and the homes of the wealthy, and the first steel-framed skyscrapers racing for the clouds.

Kelsier, Vin, Elend, Sazed, Spook, and the rest are now part of history—or religion. Yet even as science and technology are reaching new heights, the old magics of Allomancy and Feruchemy continue to play a role in this reborn world. Out in the frontier lands known as the Roughs, they are crucial tools for the brave men and women attempting to establish order and justice.

One such is Waxillium Ladrian, a rare Twinborn, who can Push on metals with his Allomancy and use Feruchemy to become lighter or heavier at will. After twenty years in the Roughs, Wax has been forced by family tragedy to return to the metropolis of Elendel. Now he must reluctantly put away his guns and assume the duties and dignity incumbent upon the head of a noble house. Or so he thinks, until he learns the hard way that the mansions and elegant tree-lined streets of the city can be even more dangerous than the dusty plains of the Roughs
.

The rules are the same as usual. You need to send an email at reviews@(no-spam)gryphonwood.net with the header "ALLOY." Remember to remove the "no spam" thingy.

Second, your email must contain your full mailing address (that's snail mail!), otherwise your message will be deleted.

Lastly, multiple entries will disqualify whoever sends them. And please include your screen name and the message boards that you frequent using it, if you do hang out on a particular MB.

Good luck to all the participants!

9 commentaires:

Todd said...

Given that I just found I out lost the Alloy of Law contest over at Seak's site, I guess I'll try my hand here! I have a feeling I'll be "winning" it from Amazon though.

Salt-Man Z said...

This would be a great Christmas present for my wife! Hint, hint. :)

Peter Ahlstrom said...

This is the final book, not the ARC, right?

Patrick said...

Yes, it is for the final book.

Bets Davies said...

Think I need to back up in the series before I go here. For some reason, Mistborn never interested me until you wrote this review of the end of it! Thanks. I pass on the contest. I have some catching up to do, and a book in the mail would be too tempting.

I enjoy this fusion fantasy move towards including things like technology to the point of science fiction, sometimes, in fantasy. We no longer so keep ourselves trapped "long ago" to be fantasy. We now allow ourselves that "in a galaxy far, far away" that can open up so many fascinating possibilities.

Fortunate Fate said...

Sounds wonderful! I can't wait to read this.

DArvin said...

I think the essential difference between fantasy and science fiction is: fantasy ages badly - magic degrading, while sci fi science improves with time.. though even as i say this i realize these rules are being broken all the and the genres redefined..

Sarah W. said...

I am so excited for this book. I have read the trilogy twice since I got them last year for Christmas. I was really depressed when it ended each time because I was left wanting more. It was amazing! I can't wait for this one!!!

Indobud said...

Let's do this!