Most reviewed speculative fiction authors on the Hotlist



Pat's Fantasy Hotlist recently celebrated its 12th birthday. On January 5th, to be exact. Hard to believe that I've been reviewing novels for so long! Be that as it may, 524 book reviews later, I was wondering which were the authors I had reviewed the most often. Tallying the numbers, I came up with a few surprises. Especially considering that some people maintain that I have a bias against female SFF writers. . .

1- Steven Erikson, with 21 books reviewed.
2- Robin Hobb, with 16 books reviewed.
3- Carrie Vaughn, with 11 books reviewed.
4- Naomi Novik, with 10 books reviewed.
4- Jim Butcher, with 10 books reviewed.
4- George R. R. Martin, with 10 books reviewed.
4- Joe Abercrombie, with 10 books reviewed.
4- Jeff Somers, with 10 books reviewed.
4- L. E. Modesitt, jr., with 10 books reviewed.
5- Tad Williams, with 9 books reviewed.
5- Ian McDonald, with 9 books reviewed.
6- Stephen King, with 8 books reviewed.
6- Paul Kearney, with 8 books reviewed.
6- Neal Stephenson, with 8 books reviewed.
6- R. Scott Bakker, with 8 books reviewed.
6- Brandon Sanderson, with 8 books reviewed.
7- C. S. Friedman, with 7 books reviewed.
7- Mark Lawrence, with 7 books reviewed.
7- James S. A. Corey, with 7 books reviewed.
7- Ian Cameron Esslemont, with 7 books reviewed.

And there are quite a few authors with 5 or 6 books reviewed, so I won't list them all.

I pretty much expected both Erikson and Hobb to top the list. But I hadn't realized that I had reviewed this many works by Vaughn and Novik. The same thing goes for Modesitt, Kearney, Stephenson, Somers, and McDonald.

Onward to 600 reviews!?! Time will tell. . . =)

2 commentaires:

Anonymous said...

Funny that with all the reviews you have done that you use the Gardens of the Moon cover for your post. That is maybe the worst book I have ever read.

Anonymous said...

Then you have no taste