Quote of the Day

In the South, we accept this as truth: Allies are enemies who stand beside you, rather than behind you. The ally who stands at your back is either Tyran, or a man with a dagger. But allies have their own plans, and their own goals, not all of which involve your survival.

- MICHELLE WEST, The Sun Sword

For more info about this title, follow this Amazon Associate link.

575 pages into this one and it's evident now that the book is a slow burn gradually building up to the finale.

I can't say that I mind, for Michelle West continues to bring threads together, tying up loose ends and elevating her game as she goes on.

I gain more respect for this author with each new chapter I read. . .

After reviewing books for nearly 2 decades, I thought myself a bit jaded and didn't think I could be amazed in such a way anymore. It's nice to stand corrected. =)

0 commentaires: