It's official!!!;-)

Well, I just got off the phone with Matt Bialer a while ago. And I'm now the newest client at Sanford J. Greenburger Associates, Inc! How cool is that!?!

We talked for over an hour, discussing the fantasy genre, as well as potential editors and publishers that would be a good fit for The Eye of the Serpent. Even better, Matt feels comfortable shopping the manuscript in its current form, so that should speed up the process a little.

As crazy as it sounds, it hasn't dawned upon me yet that I now have literary agent. . . I've been trying to do just that for the last 7 years, so I guess that explains my having a hard time believing that I was finally able to succeed.

To all you aspiring writers out there, hang in there and don't give up!:-) Good things can happen!

16 commentaires:

Robert said...

Very cool Pat. It sounds like you've worked really hard to get to this point, so, "officially" congrats! Good luck with the next stage and I hope to have the chance to review your debut soon ;)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Pat!

Anonymous said...

Grats again!

Scott Marlowe said...

congrats! I'm envious!

Anonymous said...

Awesome!

Iosua said...

Great news Pat.
How lengthy is your book and do you consider it in anyway above the traditional mesh of mainstream fantasy?
Best wishes

Dave said...

As I said on Wotmania, congrats! Awesome news.
Dave

Rogue Blades Entertainment said...

Congrats Pat! When's the party?

RobB said...

Now comes the official congratulations! Looking forward to reading it!

Anonymous said...

Great! Lot's of luck and success to you.

Anonymous said...

Totally f'in' awesome, Pat! :-)

Anonymous said...

"Will there be any sentient trees?"

GunMetalBlue said...

Way to go man!! I am so jealous!

Anonymous said...

Congrats. But I'm confused: Matt represented The Name of the Wind and did that deal for you, yet he wasn't your agent then? But is now?

Martlet said...

OMG very good news Pat :D

to the previous poster :
The Pat from this blog is not Patrick Rothfuss, the author of The Name of the Wind.

Anonymous said...

Ah, then super congrats! Matt took me on when he was at Trident, and I'm very excited for you. You're in great hands!