New US cover art for Guy Gavriel Kay's The Sarantine Mosaic



Oh my God, these two covers are absolutely gorgeous! They capture the essence of the series so perfectly. . .

Both Sailing to Sarantium (Canada, USA, Europe) and Lord of Emperors (Canada, USA, Europe) will be reissued in the States this fall. Here's to hoping that these splendid covers will help Guy Gavriel Kay garner more fans in the USA. . .

The artist is Larry Rostant, who worked on Kay's last several Roc books, and the art director is Ray Lundgren. Kudos to them both!

6 commentaires:

~Stardust~ said...

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful....I love them. It almost makes me want to buy them again...

Martina Frammartino said...

Gorgeous indeed. These are two pieces of mosaics of San Vitale in Ravenna, Italy, about V sec.
Sorry for my english, I can read but I don't write very well. I'm italian and I love italian art, and I love GGK's books.

Anonymous said...

Wow, they are gorgeous. Are these for America only? I was thinking of trying some of his work, and these would look very nice on my shelves ...

(Not that I can afford any more books at the moment. Shh.)

Unknown said...

My oh my, these are just... gorgeous, as everyone else has iterated. I'm floored.

I'm going to have to give some serious thought to importing these into the UK later in the year.

alabrava said...

i might buy them again, I have the original paperbacks and the covers suck. Crispin looking all mulleted out in front of Generic Fantasy City. Plus these might be my favorite Kay books. Until I read the next one of course, or go back and reread any of his work, I just love the way he writes.

Adam Whitehead said...

These are impressive, and something of a switch from Rostant's usual 'shiny' and more realistic art style. Nicely done.