Creative Writing Mentorships

This from Saladin Ahmed's website:

I am pleased to announce that I am currently offering a limited number of one-on-one creative writing mentorships. These mentorships will be individually tailored to the needs of the client, involving a combination of detailed manuscript critique and advice on publication and professionalization. My areas of teaching expertise include poetry and fantasy fiction.

I hold an MFA in Creative Writing from Brooklyn College and an MA in English from Rutgers University. I’ve taught creative writing courses (including Basic Creative Writing, Poetry, and Fantasy Fiction) at the University level for over ten years. I also have extensive experience as a private online writing tutor.

I have been a finalist for the Nebula Award for Best Short Story, the Campbell Award for Best New Science Fiction or Fantasy Writer, and the Harper’s Pen Award for best Sword and Sorcery/Heroic Fantasy Short Story. My short fiction has appeared in magazines and podcasts including Strange Horizons, Orson Scott Card’s Intergalactic Medicine Show, Beneath Ceaseless Skies, Apex Magazine, StarShipSofa and PodCastle, and has been translated into Portuguese, Czech, Dutch, and Romanian. My fantasy novel THRONE OF THE CRESCENT MOON is forthcoming from DAW Books in March 2012, and I’ve already sold two sequels as well.

My poetry has earned fellowships from the University of Michigan, Brooklyn College, and the Bronx Council on the Arts, and has appeared in over a dozen journals and anthologies including Callaloo, The Brooklyn Review, Big City Lit, Inclined To Speak: An Anthology of Contemporary Arab American Poetry, and Abandon Automobile: Detroit City Poetry.

Mentorships are competitively priced and designed to be flexible. Possible projects include detailed critique and publication/representation strategy for poetry manuscripts, short stories, or novels. Before I begin working with a client I consult with them regarding their instruction/critique/advising needs and provide them with a clear, itemized plan of action and rate quote.

-------------------

For more information, click on the aforementioned link. . .

To get a taste of the man's work, check out his short fiction:

"The Faithful Soldier, Prompted"
"Mister Hadj’s Sunset Ride"
"General Akmed’s Revenge?"
"Doctor Diablo Goes Through The Motions"
"Judgment of Swords and Souls"
"Hooves and the Hovel of Abdel Jameela"
"Where Virtue Lives"

0 commentaires: