Fantasy Writing Contest

The folks at Fantasy-Faction are putting together an anthology which will see the light in 2013. To mix things up, they have slots opened for six unpublished writers who will find themselves alongside established authors such as Mark Lawrence, Myke Cole, Jon Sprunk, Michael J. Sullivan, and Adrian Tchaikovsky, among others.

Even better, there are cash prizes for the top three short stories submitted!

For more information about the project and the submission guidelines, check out http://fantasywritingcontest.com.

Got a short story you'd like to see published? What are you waiting for!?!

9 commentaires:

Anonymous said...

The link has been deemed dangerous by Symantec and Kaspersky - both found a trojan while loading. I am not good with computers so there could be more to it. Just fyi.

D Thomas

Ash said...

I got the same trojan warning.

There are some who call me Tim said...

Me three.

Ringstad said...

I got the same messge using avast antivirus. Seems more than a coincidence. I trust Pat, but I can't trust the other site until I know there's no problem.

Patrick said...

Thanks, guys. Didn't get any such warning when I checked out the site this morning. But I did contact them to let them know about it...

Zafri Mollon said...

No problems or warnings from my antivirus here. I can assure everyone that http://fantasywritingcontest.com/ is up and working fine and (as far as I can tell) free from viruses.

Marc Aplin (Fantasy-Faction said...

Hi guys, Marc here (judge of Fantasy Writing Contest). Sadly, a few weeks back, before we launched the site actually, we had an out of date plugin in use from Wordpress so got added to the Avast / AVG blacklist.

I have spoken to both AVG and Avast who said our site is clean, but their blacklisting only updates every 30 days, so you may get a warning when you visit it...

I can assure you though that currently it is fine - as a few people have pointed out ^^ Sorry to scare you all :P

Aly said...

Hi, I also got a trojan warning, for a thing called kyito.exe or TR/Spy.ZBot.afkmt. Can you confirm that this is a false alarm?

Thanks!
Aly

Marc said...

Hey guys,

Avast came back to me and said they've removed us from databases - so you should be free to enter now :)