The most linked reviews in the history of the Hotlist


The first night I spent in Eilat, Israel, I took advantage of the fact that I had my own studio and a high-speed internet connection to watch the two Game of Thrones episodes I had missed since reaching the Middle East. And for some reason I can't remember, as I wasted them online before going to bed, I decided to go back to the beginning of this little blog of mine and see which of my reviews had been the most linked and and which had brought the Hotlist the most hits.

The results were surprising, to say the least! Given that for several years I was the only blogger getting early reads of Erikson's Malazan installments, I was expecting a number of those reviews to rank quite high. The same goes for reviews of novels by authors who are either very active on the internet and/or have huge online followings. Or midlist writers enjoying something close to a cult following.

Most shocking, for me at least, was the fact that my review of GRRM's A Feast For Crows was the one which generated the most hits. I mean, I read and reviewed the book nearly six years following its release. And yet, somehow, this one was linked all over the place. . .

So here's a list of my reviews which garnered the most link-love from author's websites, message boards, online communities, friendly/enemy blogs, yada yada yada:

1- A Feast for Crows by George R. R. Martin (14,999 hits)
2- Grave of Fireflies By Isao Takahata (12,521 hits)
3- The Crippled God by Steven Erikson (10,864 hits)
4- The Wise Man's Fear by Patrick Rothfuss (10,411 hits)
5- The Republic of Thieves by Scott Lynch (7416 hits)
6- A Dance with Dragons by George R. R. Martin (6234 hits)
7- Towers of Midnight by Robert Jordan and Brandon Sanderson (5464 hits)
8- My Neighbor Totoro by Hayao Miyazaki (5411 hits)
9- Stonewielder by Ian Cameron Esslemont (4765 hits)
10- Dust of Dreams by Steven Erikson (4666 hits)
11- Forge of Darkness by Steven Erikson (4393 hits)
12- Spirited Away by Hayao Miyazaki (4303 hits)
13- The White-Luck Warrior by R. Scott Bakker (4094 hits)
14- Under Heaven by Guy Gavriel Kay (3948 hits)
15- Toll the Hounds by Steven Erikson (3857 hits)
16- The Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson (3699 hits)
17- Legacy of Kings by C. S. Friedman (3449 hits)
18- The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss (3350 hits)
19- A Memory of Light by Robert Jordan and Brandon Sanderson (3005 hits)
20- Against All Things Ending by Stephen R. Donaldson (2976 hits)
21- Legion by Brandon Sanderson (2582 hits)
22- Shogun by James Clavell (2516 hits)
23- The Judging Eye by R. Scott Bakker (2465 hits)
24- The Gathering Storm by Robert Jordan and Brandon Sanderson (2116 hits)
25- The Coldest War by Ian Tregillis (2049 hits)

1 commentaires:

Game of Thrones Infographic said...

Hi Patrick! I love your blog and see you love Game of Thrones almost as much as me. Would you check out my GOT infographic called "Why Did They Have to Die?" I linked to it in my name. If you like it, would you consider posting it to your blog? Hope you will! Thanks, Tommy