Win the Coldfire Trilogy by C. S. Friedman


Ah, look at this marvelous Micheal Whelan cover!:-) To this day, it remains one of my favorite fantasy covers ever.

Not unlike many fans in the early 90s, I picked up Black Sun Rising because of that gorgeous cover art. Little did I know back then that this novel would mark the beginning of what I still consider to be one of the very best fantasy series ever written. In my humble opinion, the Coldfire Trilogy is a "must read" work. If you haven't already, buy/borrow/steal these books now!

Black Sun Rising: Canada, USA, Europe

When True Night Falls: Canada, USA, Europe

Crown of Shadows: Canada, USA, Europe

As a big fan of hers, I was thrilled when I secured an interview with C. S. Friedman. Understandably, even though the Q&A is meant to promote her latest book, Feast of Souls, many of the questions have to do with the Coldfire Trilogy. Hence, I thought it would be neat to have a contest in which the prize would be set of all three books. That way, I figured it could introduce new readers to this great fantasy trilogy.

Thanks to both Daw Books and Orbit's generosity, I have a set of the US trade paperbacks and a set of the UK paperbacks up for grabs! You can't say I'm not looking out for you guys!;-)

The rules are the same as usual. First off, you need to send an email at reviews@(no-spam)gryphonwood.net with the header "COLDFIRE." Remember to remove the "no spam" thingy.

Second, your email must contain your full mailing address (that's snail mail!), otherwise your message will be deleted.

Lastly, multiple entries will disqualify whoever sends them. And please include your screen name and the message boards that you frequent using it, if you do hang out on a particular MB.

Good luck to all the participants!

4 commentaires:

Maria A said...

Interesting how this artwork fits into the fantasy art debate. It screams "Fantasy!" to the viewer, though in the best of taste.

Anonymous said...

Hmm, I agree with with maria a: great artwork! And the Coldfire trilogy is that good? I've heard of it, but this confirms it! I'll add it to my Amazon Wishlist!
Another great comp, Pat!
~Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Dear Lord! What have they done to the cover art for the UK edition (mine)! *sobs quietly*

Anonymous said...

I laughed when I read this post, because I picked up this book as well in my library just because of the cover art, hehe. Well, I never got round to reading the first book since there was ALWAYS something else I wanted to read, but now I will test my luck and enter.