Extract from Stephen King's THE DARK TOWER: THE WIND THROUGH THE KEYHOLE


Tor.com just posted an exclusive extract from Stephen King's The Dark Tower: The Wind Through the Keyhole:

In King’s own words: “What happened to Roland, Jake, Eddie, Susannah, and Oy between the time they leave the Emerald City (the end of Wizard and Glass) and the time we pick them up again, on the outskirts of Calla Bryn Sturgis (the beginning of Wolves of the Calla)? There was a storm, I decided....”

The Wind Through The Keyhole takes place between books four and five in The Dark Tower series.

The cover is by Jae Lee. Follow this link to read the excerpt.

For more info about this title: Canada, USA, Europe.

4 commentaires:

Anonymous said...

Together with Malazan this is my all time favorite series, any chance of you reviewing the series Pat? It’s basically Narnia for adults. It would be cool if you read the first 4, then "The Wind Through The Keyhole", followed by the last 3. It would be an interesting way to see if the book works as the new book 5 in a series of now 8 books.

Patrick said...

Check the index! I have already read and reviewed the first two volumes.

And I'm more than halfway through THE WASTE LANDS as we speak!

Anonymous said...

Sadly, in my opinion, you will hit a drop in quality after book four.

Dark Tower always makes me feel bad for King, as I think he was approaching incredible literary heights with this work, panicked about finishing it, and now wishes to revisit the books and recreate the magic in the first four.

-Sciborg

Belgie said...

I am a dedicated hard core Dark Tower fan. I've read the series several times, and even will pick up and read my favorite parts sometimes when I'm missing Mid World and the Ka-Tet. When I saw that there was a new addition to the series coming out I was admittedly a bit apprehensive. Would it be as good as the rest of my beloved story? I'm happy to say that it was great. I finished it in 2 days, and felt nostalgic and satisfied when it was done. The story within the story was lovely, and it was nice to revisit the Ka-Tet. I really felt as though I had just palavered with old friends. :) Highly recommend this for both old fans of the Gunslingers, and new fans alike....if you are new, maybe start with the old ones and fit this into the series (King tells you where this one should fit in with the old). Thankee-Sai King for a wonderful new story!