Mark Lawrence interviews me!

Mark Lawrence, fantasy author of Prince of Thorns, has turned the tables on me. If you want to see me go from interviewer to interviewee, Mark posted a Q&A with Yours Truly on his blog. Here's a teaser:

Does your personal opinion of an author ever sway a review in any direction?

No. I let the novel stand on its own merit.

Every time I'm perusing a message board and see readers bitching about Terry Goodkind, Orson Scott Card, Dan Simmons, or John C. Wright, and see them go on about how they'll never buy/read any of their books again, I can't help but shake my head and marvel at the silliness of it all.

Terry Goodkind is a dumbass and a crackpot. About as bad as they come. But that's not why I don't read and review his books anymore. It's just that he writes crap. Period. I would still hate his books if he was the nicest human being out there. . . Sadly, he's not
. . .

Follow this link to read the full interview.

2 commentaires:

machinery said...

heh, he forgot to say i'm the most annoying guy posting comments here, what gives ?
i try so hard !
ah well, now i'll here some opressor-turned-victim comment on me from some troll.
damn.

Mark Lawrence said...

As testimony to the popularity of your blog, the 'Pat Interview' has had more hits than any other article I've posted on my blog :) Also 3 times more hits than the previous 3 interviews added together!