Anyone read FEARSOME JOURNEYS: THE NEW SOLARIS BOOK OF FANTASY??


Fearsome Journeys: The New Solaris Book of Fantasy (Canada, USA, Europe), an anthology edited by Jonathan Strahan which includes short stories by SFf authors such as Scott Lynch, Daniel Abraham, Saladin Ahmed, Glen Cook, K. J. Parker, and many more, has been out for a while now. But I haven't seen any reviews yet. Has anyone read it? And if so, what did you think about this anthology???

Here's the blurb:

An amazing array of the most popular and exciting names in epic fantasy are set to appear in the first in a brand new series of anthologies from the celebrated master anthologist Jonathan Strahan. Featuring original fiction authors such as Trudi Canavan, Daniel Abraham, Saladin Ahmed, Elizabeth Bear, Glen Cook, and Scott Lynch, many more exciting names will appear in this collection. From dragons to quests, cut-throats to warriors, battles and magic, the entire range of the fantastic is set to appear on this first Fearsome Journey!

5 commentaires:

Gillossen said...

Moi, et certaines nouvelles sont vraiment géniales ! :-)

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I read it. It's fun.

Bob/Sally said...

I thought it was a fantastic collection - the best I've read this year. I reviewed it last month, and had Jonathan stop by for a guest post

Jessica said...

I've read nearly all of it and found it thoroughly enjoyable. Not at all repetitive which is my main complaint with themed anthologies. Several of the stories have been extremely good and none have been real clunkers. Definitely going on my recommended list for this year

Anonymous said...

snooze fest. I read it because of the praise here and I found it to be neither fearsome nor a journey. Very mundane stories. Virtually zero action. The swords and dark magic collection was vastly better.