Moving on up!!!

Hi there!
I received interesting new today and I thought I'd share it with you guys!:-) In addition, I wanted to update you on current projects. So this will be sort of a progress report. I'm presently reading Stephen R. Donaldson's newest Covenant novel, The Runes of the Earth. You can expect a review by the end of the week!

Well, an editor from HaperCollins emailed me today, revealing that I have been accredited as an "official" book reviewer by the publisher. Now is that cool or what!?! She also mentioned that I will soon be receiving free review copies of the two first volumes of Feist's Conclave of Shadows, as well as Stephenson's The Confusion, The System of the World, and Cryptonomicon. She is also throwing in the new Lois McMaster Bujold, The Hallowed Hunt, which is supposedly really excellent, and a copy of Myrren's Gift, the first in a new fantasy trilogy that was published to great success in Australia and will be going on sale over here next week.

Even better is the fact that my contact information has been given to their publicity department, which will periodically send me new books. Which means that I will receive a review copy of Feist's Exile's Return when it is released, as well as Robin Hobb's Shaman's Crossing.

Hopefully my queries to the other publishers will meet with similar success! But this is a very good start for someone who created this blog in early January!;-)

Other news include the fact that I will now be reviewing for another website, this time www.worldsoffantasy.net. It contains all sorts of information on the fantasy, science fiction and horror genres. Whatever the medium, be it literature, television, movies, video game, yada yada yada, they've got you covered. Check out their website! They are restructuring the website to include a review section. As soon as it's done, the editors will put my reviews on for all to see and enjoy!;-)

Speaking of reviews, my reviews of David B. Coe's trilogy, The LonTobyn Chronicle, as well as Tad Williams' Shadowmarch will appear in the new issue of Gryphonwood Press (www.gryphonwoodpress.com) which will become available online on March 15th. It will also feature an interview I did with David B. Coe. Be sure to take a look at it next week! And feel free to peruse the fantasy short stories the magazine features in every issue.

And pertaining to Tad Williams, the interview questions have been submitted to him. I now await his answers and the interview will be featured in the spring issue of Gryphonwood Press. I will most probably include a sneak preview of it on the blog. . . Stay tuned!;-)

At the present moment, I am trying to secure an interview with Robin Hobb. But I have yet to receive an answer from her. I'll keep you posted!

It seems that the article on traveling has interested many of you. That being the case, don't be surprised if more articles on the subject appear in the weblog from time to time. . .:-)

To all you Raymond E. Feist fans out there, check out http://hallofworlds.net. There is a nice community of fantasy fans there!

That's it for now! Take care and be good, all of you!:-)

Patrick

1 commentaires:

Anonymous said...

Stephen R. Donaldson is my favorite fantasy author. I loved Runes, hope to read your review soon.