United Nations to appoint Earth contact for aliens


I kid you not, believe you me. . .

It's not enough that the UN has become a cock-sucking and brown-nosing organization that is little more than a soap box for every radical fuckwit in the world like Ahmadinejad to spit out their venom at the rest of the globe, but this. . . I mean, come on man!

Aliens!?! With the UN now involved, their coming, whenever that occurs, will probably be blamed on the Jews. It's all a big Zionist plan for world domination, I tell you!

Here's an extract:

The United Nations was set today to appoint an obscure Malaysian astrophysicist to act as Earth's first contact for any aliens that may come visiting.

Mazlan Othman, the head of the UN's little-known Office for Outer Space Affairs (Unoosa), is to describe her potential new role next week at a scientific conference at the Royal Society’s Kavli conference centre in Buckinghamshire.

She is scheduled to tell delegates that the recent discovery of hundreds of planets around other stars has made the detection of extraterrestrial life more likely than ever before - and that means the UN must be ready to coordinate humanity’s response to any “first contact”.

During a talk Othman gave recently to fellow scientists, she said: “The continued search for extraterrestrial communication, by several entities, sustains the hope that some day humankind will receive signals from extraterrestrials.

Follow this link for the full story. . .

14 commentaires:

Paul D said...

Pat - I have no problem with you disagreeing with the U.N., but is there any reason to use the homophobic language you use in this post?

Neth said...

It's funny Pat, whenever you let your political beliefs shine through Ir eally wonder why you aren't a fan of the likes of Goodkind. I think you guys have quite a bit in common.

Patrick said...

Hey Ken,

You should know by now that I'm no fan of the Yeard! Come on, at least give me credit for that! :P

But get me started on the UN front and I'll never stop. And no, I don't have any good to say about it, other than for their food program and humanitarian aid wing. For Security Council issues and the like, it's another story altogether...

Neth said...

Just trying to point out a nice little irony (and we all have them). And get in a little jab to the kidneys :P

Luis said...

The "Office for Outer Space Affairs"? I think it's cool that something like that even exists. It sounds like something from a 1970's SF TV series.

Anonymous said...

Maybe since the leaders of venuzela and cuba have gone on record stating the same as the president of iran, and considering most only the NATO cronies walked out and the vast majority of delegates stayed, perhaps its you thats a dumb fuckwit for trying to squelch an investigation into these events.

And I agree with Neth

Glen said...

Since the leaders of Venezuela and Cuba have gone on record stating the same as the president of Iran and only the delegates of the most civilized countries in the world walked out, I think that Mr. or Mrs. Anonymous, it's you who are the dumb fuckwit...

When you have promised to wipe Israel off the map and leaders of countries as Venezuela and Cuba support your claim about a crazy theory, and when you won rigged elections, you don't have a whole lot of credibility on your side.

Sorry...

Goofilin said...

To anonymous:

Listen, I come from Mexico, know a lot about latin american politics. I am in many ways what they would call in the US left wing. In Europe I would probably be identified as center left. With that reference in mind, I give the following statement: you seem to be an ignorant person. Not only do Cuba and Venezuela have dictators, but there system is not working. Besides, what do those two countries have to do with Pat's discontent with the UN for blanketing terrorist enticing people from the world? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. You are a waste of my time and now I missed part of Monday Night Football reading your nonsense. Shame on me for that.


David Hernandez (yes, I am not anonymous)

Ash said...

I've heard this was basically made up by a poor journalist and the scientist in question denies it.

http://scienceblogs.com/deltoid/2010/09/is_that_true_or_did_you_read_i.php?utm_source=sbhomepage&utm_medium=link&utm_content=channellink

The Grand Leaf said...

Where is the homophobic language?

Jessica ( frellathon ) said...

I feel sorry for the aliens that have to deal with the UN. If they had plans to come I think they just changed their minds.

Kurt Scott said...

re: Paul D's comment.

I was also taken aback by the language in this post. Cocksucking if far from an insult, I'm sure you've enjoyed the company of cocksuckers yourself Pat.

The basis of using cocksucking in that manner is fairly homophobic and does not lend credibility to your viewpoint.

Although in general I agree with you on the UN.

Kenny Cross said...

Homophobic language? Hmmm must have missed it. As for the UN a complete waste of money and resources. It's only use as far as I can tell is that at least we get to see these boobs who address the UN in living color and know to cross the street when we see them coming the other way. Seriously without the UN would we even have heard of the majority of these countries? Would we even care?

I don't care.

The last thing we need is some boob (or is that pair of boobs in this case) from the UN in a First Contact situation.

Keep up the great work Pat.

Esther said...

I must admit I cheered at this post - the though of a UN space representative is ridonkulus.

Then my blood turned cold because the reality of the UN as the Human Race's representive to the Universe is horrifying.

And I'm not quite sure why your insults whould be considered homophobic unless you hold the rather old fashioned view that 'Nice girls don't do that!'