The Red Hours

John Fallon, the man behind the Arrow in the Head website, is an old high school and college friend of mine. Interestingly enough, his website turned out to be my inspiration to create the Hotlist. . . Actor, screenwriter, director, and horror/action movie reviewer, he recently posted one of his short films online.

This from his blog:

Hey all; I decided to release my short film THE RED HOURS online. Its been a long road with this no budget, mucho work opus and I loved every second of it. We had lots of obstacles to surmount during production for eight minutes of screen time (corrupted footage…ouch…, actors bailing at the last second, I sprained my ankle on set i.e. popped painkillers and kept hustling); the usual stuff that comes with a guerrilla shoot. The film then went on to do the Festival circuit. The rough cut got booed by the Spanish Press in Sitges (another ouch but I lived…whistles in Spain mean boos BTW), was fairly enjoyed by the Sitges audiences at the second screening, it then won an award at the Ozzie Fest A Night of Horror and finally went to screen at Fantasia, at Cinefantasy International Film Festival in Brazil and at the Filmets Fest in Spain.

I of course did not do this alone…like AT ALL. None of it would have happened without my wonderful cast who gave me their all (Deke Richards, Amy Wickenheiser and Heather Westwood…. yeah you); my striving co producer and DOP Donny Broussard and the fine folks of Louisiana who put up with my shit (you know who you are) for beer, pizza and handjobs. Last but certainly not least big gracias to my editors Michael Nouryeh and Christian Viel; who put in big time and supported me in getting my drivel out and to sound mixer Benoit Babin for elevating what I had to a higher plane
.

Earlier today, John shared some of the feedback he received regarding The Red Hours, as well as production stills and other info in this blog post.

The Red Hours is a short film that lasts about 8 minutes. It features good music, creepy atmosphere, sexy girls, blood, and a chainsaw! Come on, you know you want to watch!!!


The Red Hours from John Fallon on Vimeo.

0 commentaires: