A DANCE WITH DRAGONS news


Hey guys,

I was trying to get you an exclusive extract from GRRM's forthcoming A Dance With Dragons (Canada, USA, Europe) and suggested to Martin and his editor that perhaps we could go with the scene in which Yours Truly gets butchered quite violently. I had a feeling that whatever scene a character based on me met his bloody demise wouldn't have any sort of impact on the plot, that it would mainly be spoiler-free and hence make the perfect teaser excerpt.

Well, Anne Groell just told me that we can't go with that scene. It appears that Ser Patrek of King's Mountain meets his maker at the end of ADWD and the scene contains MAJOR spoilers. I was excited enough as it is, but now my curiosity is truly piqued! Anne assured me that it's a very good death, so I can't wait!!!

Stay tuned for a giveaway in early June. . . And there will be a little twist to this contest. Anne had a fun and interesting idea, one I've decided to run with.

Don't know if we'll get an extract, though. . .

13 commentaires:

Michael Natale said...

King's Mountain...is Ser Patrek Dornish?

Anonymous said...

Congrats, Pat. I hope you live, immortalized, forever as a key character in the events of ADWD.

Long live Ser Patrek!

Ted Cross said...

You are so lucky. I wish I was friends with Martin so I could be slaughtered in one of his books!

Anonymous said...

How do you know that's the characters name? Did GRRM tell you already?

Anonymous said...

SPOILERS GODDAMIT! Ser Patrik is one of my favourie characters! We've followed his trials and adventures for so long now! His physiotherapy sessions with Bran! His and Sansa's Stitch'n'Bitch! The wolf grooming lessons with Robb! Telling Jon how good he looked in black! Defeating Jamie and earning his grudging respect in practise bouts! He bitch-slapped Joffrey, shared whores with Tyrion, chased cats with Arya, backed up Ned in the matter of killing Dany and, unforgettably, advised Dany on ten surefire ways to please her man! And that was just the first half of book one!
AND NOW YOU SAY HE DIES! DAAAAAMN YOOOOOOU MARTIIIIIIIIIIN!

Emma said...

That's awesome! How did you manage to get yourself in?

Todd said...

Well that's fun news! I wonder if Ser Patrek meets his demise because of his loyalty to an evil dynasty of tournament fighters, the Cattle Riders of Dragonstone.

Brett said...

Poor Ser Patrek. He'll probably die by falling off the Wall, crushing Stannis in his descent.

Anonymous said...

I know the contest twist: the winner has to wait 6 years for Pat to send the book, but Pat will pretend he is about to send the book every two months.

Elfy said...

I'm hoping Sansa has a hand in Ser Patrek's demise.

Anonymous said...

Too cruel Elfy

Jakob said...

I have to remember to refresh my memory as to what you actually look like so that I have a clear image in my head for when Ser Patrek gets slaughtered. Should prove remarkably cathartic for all the regurgitated swill I've had to wade through for any decent content on the hotlist recently.

Jebus said...

Hotlist haters will have reading parties :)