More inexpensive ebook goodies!


Well, this is the book that made me fall in love with the fantasy genre. All the way back in 1986, during my first year of junior high. Fuck me, it doesn't make me any younger!!!

You can now download Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman's Dragons of Autumn Twilight, the opening chapter in the Dragonlance Chronicles, for only 2.99$ here.

Here's the blurb:

Lifelong friends, they went their separate ways. Now they are together again, though each holds secrets from the others in his heart. They speak of a world shadowed with rumors of war. They speak of tales of strange monsters, creatures of myth, creatures of legend. They do not speak of their secrets. Not then. Not until a chance encounter with a beautiful, sorrowful woman, who bears a magical crystal staff, draws the companions deeper into the shadows, forever changing their lives and shaping the fate of the world.

No one expected them to be heroes.

Least of all, them.

Sorry, but there was no way I could post this without using the original cover art by Larry Elmore. . . =)

3 commentaires:

Shane said...

Abaddon's Gate is currently $4.99 on Nook.

Richard said...

I remember it well - bought in Toronto during Grade 8 trip from Thunder Bay ...just got my 20 yr old little sister hooked on them :)

Russ said...

Those first Dragonlance books get a lot of grief these days, but us old fantasy fans remember that they came out at a time when the genre was waning badly.

They were like a breath of fresh air and I'll always have a soft spot for them.