Provisional speculative fiction Top 5 of 2013

Well, we've almost reached the halfway point of the year, so once again it's time for my provisional speculative fiction Top 5 of 2013!


1- River of Stars by Guy Gavriel Kay (Canada, USA, Europe


2- Necessary Evil by Ian Tregillis (Canada, USA, Europe)


3- The Flames of Shadam Khoreh by Bradley P. Beaulieu (ebook)


4- Shadow Ops: Fortress Frontier by Myke Cole (Canada, USA, Europe)


5- Trickster by Jeff Somers (Canada, USA, Europe)

Of course, the year is far from over. And with titles from authors such as Hobb, Corey, Lynch, Gaiman, Kent, and more to be read before the year is out, things might change come New Year's Eve. . . =)

But as things stand, these are my choices!

5 commentaires:

Paul Genesse said...

Excellent TOP FIVE list. I applaud the choices, especially River of Stars, The Flames of Shadam Khoreh, and Necessary Evil.

Paul Genesse

Paul Genesse said...

Excellent TOP FIVE list. I applaud the choices, especially River of Stars, The Flames of Shadam Khoreh, and Necessary Evil.

Paul Genesse

alabrava said...

Hard to argue with number 1. Kay is masterful.

CJohnson said...

Shame about the cover art on A Necessary Evil. Fantastic, satisfying finale to the Milkweed trilogy though!

Ripper Madness said...

I read 1 & 2. While Tregillis is good well crafted science fiction and I'm glad I read the series, by the third book I was just reading to finish. I absolutely loved RIVER OF STARS by Kay and UNDER HEAVEN is one of my favorite fantasy novels of all-time. I haven't read the Beaulieu yet. I am definitely looking forward to it. I won't be reading the Cole book. Am I the only person who didn't like the first one in the series? Oh well, I wanted to. Not my particular glass of stout I suppose. I loved Somers Cate series but this new novel doesn't seem like my, once again, glass of stout.

Today I am reading the Gaiman, I can't wait.

Thank you Pat for this list and all your previous ones. Without you there are so many series and authors that I would have never discovered or re-discovered. Thanks for the great reads. Keep up the much appreciated work!