Win a full set of the new UK edition of Stephen R. Donaldson's The Gap sequence

I have a complete set of the new UK edition of Stephen R. Donaldson's scifi masterpiece, The Gap, up for grabs, compliments of the kind folks at Gollancz. The sequence is comprised of The Real Story (Canada, USA, Europe), Forbidden Knowledge (joined with the first volume in this edition), A Dark and Hungry God Arises, Chaos and Order, and This Day All Gods Die.

The Gap sequence is probably Donaldson's best work to date. As such, it needs no hype/buzz, for it's that damn good! If you haven't read it, I encourage you to give it a shot. Nothing you'll read this year will come even close. . .

The rules are the same as usual. You need to send an email at reviews@(no-spam)gryphonwood.net with the header "GAP." Remember to remove the "no spam" thingy.

Second, your email must contain your full mailing address (that's snail mail!), otherwise your message will be deleted.

Lastly, multiple entries will disqualify whoever sends them. And please include your screen name and the message boards that you frequent using it, if you do hang out on a particular MB.

Good luck to all the participants!;-)

9 commentaires:

Pedro Q. said...

I only read the first book since the remaining ones used to be somewhat hard to find outside of the US.

Donaldson is a fantastic writer, and judging from the first book, this series doesn't disappoint.

Anonymous said...

Man what a prize!! Definately entering this one! This is one of the greatest SF sagas out there, should be a treasured set on everyone's shelves. :-)

Abalieno said...

That's not the new cover, right? Amazon is showing different ones.

I was thinking of applying in a heartbeat, then considered I have already all those novels, even if I had to hunt them in different formats (the US hardcover is a masterpiece on its own).

Adam Whitehead said...

Pat, you could have just nicked the pic I made with the combo of the new edition covers :-P

I'm going to enter this one anyway, I have the original Book 4 in paperback and read the rest from the library, but having a full set would be nice :-)

Salt-Man Z said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Salt-Man Z said...

This is probably my favorite sci-fi series, and would make an awesome birthday present. :)

Jebus said...

I vaguely recall reading the first one years ago, something about a space pirate and some chick getting raped? He likes his rapes does Donaldson.

Actually been meaning to read it so have entered.

Anonymous said...

Which countries can enter this?

Anonymous said...

I enter in almost all your giveaways but this one I have to win!
I've been wanting these books for a long time. The Thomas Covenant books are my favorite fantasy series