Lena Headey to play Cersei Lannister

This from The Watcher:

All the major roles for HBO's "Game of Thones" pilot have been filled in recent weeks -- except one.

I can exclusively reveal that Lena Headey, most recently seen as Sarah Connor in Fox's "Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles," will play Cersei Lannister, a woman of royal blood who is every bit as smart, cunning and devious as the powerful men around her.

Click on the link for the full story. . .

Well, considering that this is only a pilot, there is an incredible amount of talent that will be part of the project. I'm persuaded that the HBO TV series of GRRM's A GAME OF THRONES will be a world away from the turd that was Legend of the Seeker. . .

11 commentaires:

Jeff said...

She is indeed one of the most beautiful woman alive, but she lacks blond hair, though.

Anonymous said...

I imagine they can fix that easily enough...

J0hn said...

Legend of the Seeker was so bad.

Amanda Makepeace said...

I wanted to comment on this but I'm now filled with fury thinking about Legend of the Seeker. Grrr

I have confidence HBO will do this justice.

Kel said...

Oooer ... seeing the actress for Cersei makes me want to jump to the end of season 4 right away. This show can't come fast enough!

pdxtrent said...

Considering the difference in quality between the source materials ands the difference in general programming quality between ABC and HBO..... yeah, I admit I'm pretty excited.

machinery said...

I can't realy put her as sersei.
she won't make a cruel enough person.
and besides, I don't want to know about anything soiaf until there is a date for the next book's publication.

Mavis said...

Don't worry about it Kel, you'll get a little taste of it in Season 1 Episode 1... I can see all of the crowd getting all excited thinking "this is the greatest show ever"... and then they throw Bran out the window.

Philly Homer said...

I thought Lena Headey would be a good choice for Catelyn, but I think she can make for a very good Cersei. She is not Tricia Helfer, but she is a good enough actress to pull off the icy bitch routine deliciously.

Unknown said...

SEXY!! Sarah Connor is back!

Cecrow said...

Cersei may be devious, but smart? cunning? ummm ... ;)