The Ultimate Sandman


I'm aware that many of you feel that it's sacrilegious that I'm such a fan of Neil Gaiman's novels, but was never able able to get into Sandman back in my comic days. Now that DC Comics are supposed to send me The Absolute Sandman books, I'm going to give it another shot.

I have a feeling that I wasn't quite ready for Sandman back then. I was more interested in The Punisher, Wolverine, The Uncanny X-Men, Spawn and the rest of the Image titles, etc.

And if you're lucky, I might even be able to arrange a giveaway!

There are four Sandman omnibuses published thus far:

- The Absolute Sandman, volume 1 (Canada, USA, Europe)
- The Absolute Sandman, volume 2 (Canada, USA, Europe)
- The Absolute Sandman, volume 3 (Canada, USA, Europe)
- The Absolute Sandman, volume 4 (Canada, USA, Europe)

7 commentaires:

The Mad Hatter said...

You are one lucky bastard. I've been eyeing the Absolutes since they started coming out.

Anonymous said...

I am pretty much the opposite. I totally LOVED Sandman but his novels just seem to go over my head.

Though I did REALLY like Graveyard Book.

Robert said...

I own all four of these as well as Absolute Watchmen and Absolute Hush. They're simply stunning. If there's any way you can get an Absolute edition, then I would highly recommend doing so...

Matthew said...

I don't get Sandman either. While I see the strokes of originality, I feel no tension or interest in the dull horror chunks which make up the first two volumes. Also there is no great value or attraction in the "shoddy" art-style itself (apart form the covers). Haven't looked at the rest of the series yet because it would be quite a lot of money for something which I like only a little bit and in parts.

Branimir said...

I eagerly await any possible giveaways ;-)

Greyweather said...

I am right there with you Matt. I can understand the appeal of Sandman but find myself totally immune to it.

S.S. White said...

Just a head's up: those four editions are the complete series. There will not be an Absolute Edition Vol. 5

:)