Speculative Horizons: Update

Didn't expect to have new tidbits to pass along so soon following the last update!

The powers that be at Subterranean Press have approved of L. E. Modesitt, jr.'s short story. "The Stranger" takes place a few years following The Chaos Balance, and is some sort of prelude to the forthcoming Recluce novel Arms-Commander.

Can't say anything other than Recluce fans should enjoy it. As one myself, I found it pretty cool to return to the "mythology" of Recluce, at the time of Fall of Angels and The Chaos Balance. And reading "The Stranger" certainly got me excited about the upcoming Arms-Commander!

With quality pieces already turned in by both Hal Duncan and L. E. Modesitt, jr., this little project is becoming more and more interesting. . .

Stay tuned for more. . .

3 commentaires:

droidprogrammer said...

It has been awhile since I read L.E. Modesitt. I found the series lagging a bit. But I will check out the short story, is it in a compilation?

Patrick said...

It's going to be in the anthology I'm editing for Subterranean Press, Speculative Horizons. . .

Anonymous said...

Sounds great, Pat, looking forward to the anthology!