Cover art for Robert Jordan and Brandon Sanderson's TOWERS OF MIDNIGHT (eBook)


Tor Books elected to go with Raymond Swanland for this one, which was a very good idea. I love Swanland's work, and I feel he should have been called upon to paint one of those new WoT covers before Towers of Midnight (Canada, USA, Europe).

I like the cover art. Problem is, the man on the cover looks nothing like the true Perrin would look like. This forty-something, battle-hardened veteran soldier with biceps that would put the Incredible Hulk to shame looks nothing like the Perrin depicted by Jordan/Sanderson's narrative.

It captures that particular scene extremely well, however.

6 commentaires:

Anonymous said...

I hope they someday put these covers on real books. I'd buy the entire series again methinks.

GunMetalBlue said...

40-something? Really Pat? LOL I don't think he looks forty-something at all...and he does represent to me what Perrin looks like.

Jamie Gibbs said...

This is incredibly well made. I've not read any WoT, so the character likeness is lost on me, but I commend Swanland's talent on this one.

Blodeuedd said...

Lol, I did think who the heck is that old guy ;) I am with you on 40

Carl V. Anderson said...

I'm a big fan of Swanland as well, but like Jamie cannot comment on how the well, or poorly, the likeness matches the character's description. I haven't kept up with the WoT books for many, many years. I agree with the above comment, though, that it would be nice to see these covers grace a collection of the books once they are all done.

machinery said...

i don't think he looks old, the fire, and smoke make it so.
still, the power wrought weapon was a weak moment for the book.
also something that i bet no one has noticed but me, of course, is that the word "magic" was used for the first time in the whole series.
i was sure RJ had purposefully ignored that word, giving the one power a scientific explanation, but sanderson changed it.
small point, but still ...