The Pat's Fantasy Hotlist world tour continues!





Yeah, many of you will hate me!

I thought that moving would prevent me from doing so, but I managed to get another leave of absence from work, and though the movey is tight I'm flying to South America on Monday! I'll be spending a month in Uruguay, Argentina, and Chile.

I'll be staying in Montevideo (where I'll be there for the big Carnaval parade!) for a few days before making my way to the beaches of the seaside in Punta del Diablo. I'll then double back and stop in Colonia del Sacramento for two nights. From there, I'll catch the ferry to Buenos Aires, Argentina, where I'll spend five days. After that, I'm off to spend time in and around Rosario, Cordoba, and Mendoza. To cap it all off, I'm crossing the Andes to finish my trip in Santiago, Chile.

Meeting fellow SFF fans abroad has been a lot of fun so far, so drop me a line if you live in some of the cities I'll be visiting and we'll see if we can arrange a meeting.

10 commentaires:

baboulebou said...

Lucky man! Enjoy your trip. Actually, it would be interesting to learn what kind of Fantasy, if any, people are into in South America...

Zohar said...

Come to Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, man! I m brazilian and I garantee you won t be sorry.

Anonymous said...

Buen viaje... ¡diviértete!

Casey said...

I must know...how the hell do you get the time off to do this stuff? It seems like every 6 months you spend a month abroad. That's a serious question, haha, teach us your ways oh wise on!

Brett said...

I'm curious about that too, Pat. How do you afford these month-long trips abroad? Or get an entire month off from work, even when it's a new job?

Patrick said...

Nah, it's the old job. And it's sort of the dead season, which means that it's easier to get a leave of absence...

I was also lucky enough to exchange my miles for free flights. So instead of paying 1300$, I only pay the taxes (which amount to 115$).

But the not-so-secret trick to save a bundle when you travel is to book hostels instead of hotel rooms. I'll be staying in some of the nicest and hippest hostels these cities have to offer, all for between 13$ and 25$ a night. Not only do you save big, but you get to meet fellow travelers from all over the globe.

For me, it's kind of the only way to travel, especially since I almost always travel solo...

Todd said...

I wondered the same thing Pat...how the heck you get the time off and the cash. I bet you have a blast sitting down to plan these things, mapping your routes and so on. Even more fun actually being there. Keep us updated!

Kirshy said...

This might be a question you've answered before Pat, but what do you do for a living (if I can ask that?).

Have a fun trip you lucky SOB.

The Cuentist said...

If you want to read good argentine fantasy I recommend getting the trilogy "La Saga de los Confines" from the writer Liliana Bodoc, it´s a particular vision of the hispanic conquest.
Enjoy your trip. Argentina its a beautiful country with a friendly people.

www.cantabria-3d.com said...

Pretty effective info, thanks for the post.