Robert Stanek shat directly into my soul: More


I'm sure you all remember my "Pathetic..." blog post regarding fantasy hack Robert Stanek, the legless wonder.

Well, understandably, such a hard-working author always has something on the backburner. Here's the blurb from his newest work:

Readers all over the world are discovering the works of Robert Stanek. Fans have called his books the Star Wars of fantasy, and liken his writing to a wonderful cross between JRR Tolkien and JK Rowling. We tend to think that the books are just plain fun to read. Filled with mystery, intrigue, adventure, and magic the books transport readers to a world unlike any other. In this insightful book, you get the real scoop on Robert Stanek. From his childhood days to his recent success with the Ruin Mist books, this outstanding book sheds new light on his life and his struggle to excel as a writer. His story is a story of hope and dreams, and in many ways, reading this book is like visiting with an old friend.

Robert Stanek: Candid Conversations About His Life, Work, and Writing. I kid you not. . .

WTF!?!

16 commentaires:

SQT said...

Well, I guess his mom likes his books. He has one book with 150+ reviews and almost all are 5 star. No one, no matter how good, has credible reviews like that. How many phony Amazon accounts does the guy have?

machinery said...

pat- you do know you are playing into his hand, right ?
you are giving him publicity.

Roland said...

I'm starting to think he is the most elaborate and ambitious Internet-joke of all time. I think he is pulling a Joaquin Phoenix.

Aaron said...

Clearly a modern masterpiece on the TRUE American Tolkien...

Morgan said...

I'm honestly hoping that this is some sort of sick, three-weeks-in-the-making April Fool's day joke, because otherwise I'm seriously starting to think that Stanek has lost even the little bit of sanity he already had... I'm just curious: did he write the blurb himself? :-)

Anonymous said...

I agree.

Wasting your precious lifetime on this Stanek nonsense is certainly pathetic.

It is obviouos the guy has enough problems of his own. Give it a rest...

GunMetalBlue said...

I know a guy named Rob Granitos who can do the cover art.

Frauds ought to be frauds together.

LOL.

Anonymous said...

if you look closely i think you can see legs... he photoshopped something down there i think.

Saladin Ahmed said...

Ahahahaha!

At first I was like "'Legless wonder?' Jeez, no matter how much of a dick this double amputee Stanek is, that's kind of harsh, even for Pat." :P

Anonymous said...

I'm waiting for the Czechoslovakian-translated version to come out.

Anonymous said...

I'm rarely of the same opinion as machinery, but here I agree.

Unknown said...

I purchased his book to review but have not built up the courage to read it.

Anonymous said...

DAMN! between him(stanek) and jacquline howlett, I don't think I want to read anything that's self-published.

Andrew said...

William (Robert) Stanek is a world class douchebag. Now he is threatening people on twitter and accusing anyone who is criticizing him of harrasing his (imaginary) child fans:
http://twitter.com/#!/williamstanek

Anonymous said...

One of Stanek's main marketing schemes is trying to sell them to libraries as being educational. His scams need to be exposed libraries can spend their money on real books.

Jacob @ Drying Ink said...

@ Andrew: It was fairly ridiculous. Made a remark to @ADribbleOfInk about dodgy promotion tactics, and suddenly Stanek is accusing me of harassing his apparent hordes of child fans. I don't see any need to point out the flaws in this; it practically mocks itself.