Coming Attractions

In an attempt to prevent as much overlapping as possible among my fellow SFF bloggers, here's what I have on tap for you guys in the coming weeks. . .

Book Reviews:

I'm currently reading C. S. Friedman's Feast of Souls (Canada, USA, Europe), and it's pretty good. Expect my review at some point next week. At work, I'm still plowing through Ngugi Wa Thiong'o's Wizard of the Crow (Canada, USA, Europe). It's very interesting thus far, but the pace is extremely sluggish.

Upcoming reads will include Brandon Sanderson's The Well of Ascension (Canada, USA, Europe), David Anthony Durham's Acacia (Canada, USA, Europe), and Steven Erikson's Blood Follows (Canada, USA, Europe) and The Healthy Dead (Canada, USA, Europe). In addition, I'm eagerly awaiting my ARC of Naomi Novik's Empire of Ivory (Canada, USA, Europe).

But now that I've received my galley of Stephen R. Donaldson's Fatal Revenant (Canada, USA, Europe), this one will likely trump all the others!;-)

Interviews:

Well, as you know I have interviews with Scott Lynch, R. Scott Bakker and Steven Erikson in the pipeline, so hopefully each Q&A will be posted sooner than later! As far as the interviews with Greg Keyes and Katherine Kurtz are concerned, I don't know if I still believe they will see the light. Who knows? Perhaps they'll email me their answers tomorrow. . .

I have secured an interview with Daniel Abraham, author of A Betrayal in Winter (Canada, USA, Europe). This one will become a reality soon. We're just waiting to see if the three-way interview with George R.R. Martin, Gardner Dozois, and Abraham will take place first, for there will be questions that would be asked in the second Q&A instead.
I should also conduct an interview with Stephen R. Donaldson in September.

There might be something with Brandon Sanderson and Naomi Novik, but it's too early to tell. . .

Giveaways:

Here are those that should take place:

- Signed copies of the US edition of Joe Abercrombie's The Blade Itself (Canada, USA, Europe)
- Brian Herbert and Kevin J. Anderson's Sandworms of Dune (Canada, USA, Europe)
- R. A. Salvatore's The Orc King (Canada, USA, Europe)
- George R.R. Martin, Gardner Dozois, and Daniel Abraham's Hunter's Run (Canada, USA, Europe)
- Naomi Novik's Empire of Ivory
- An ARC of the Subterranean Press limited edition of Scott Lynch's Red Seas under Red Skies (Canada, USA, Europe)
- A matching set of the Subterranean Press limited editions of both Scott Lynch's The Lies of Locke Lamora and Red Seas under Red Skies
- Signed copies of Jeff Somers' The Electric Church (Canada, USA, Europe)

And more!;-)

7 commentaires:

Neth said...

sounds great - I know you're going to be more selective in your contests from now and I have one small request. Don't ever turn away a Subterranean contest. The quality of the books alone is worth anything they've got.

Anonymous said...

Fatal Revenant?! You lucky DOG! ;-)

It's unfortunate that the cover, attractive though it is, is so different from the first book. One of the things I like in series are when the covers go together. The Covenant covers, in particular have always gone well with others within a particular edition thereof.

Still, I am so looking forward to it!!!

Anonymous said...

Have you read Blood Follows and The Healthy Dead before? They are very entertaining and you should definitely check out The Lees of Laughter's End which is basically a direct sequel to Blood Follows.

DesLily said...

OMG! you lucky so-'n'-so you! I can't wait for Fatal Revenant to come out!! October seems so far away! I have loved this series since it first began!!!

Patrick said...

Oh yeah, I'm really looking forward to reading FATAL REVENANT! And that possible interview with Donaldson should be cool as well!

Ken: No worries, Bill from Subpress and I have quite a few great giveaways in the works!;-)

Jeremy: Nope, I haven't read these two Erikson novellas yet, though I've reviewed THE LEES OF LAUGHTER'S END a few weeks back.

Scotty said...

Finally, the next Thomas Covenant, woo-hoo!

Chris, The Book Swede said...

Oh lord, Fatal Revenant!?! You lucky, lucky man! Looking forward to seeing what you think of it, Pat :)