Survey

Just got tagged. . .

I'm not going to tag anyone, so you do this if you're in the mood. . .

As for this survey, who knows!?! Perhaps you'll learn some interesting stuff about Yours Truly!:-)

Enjoy!
---------------

Your full name: Patrick St-Denis

Sex: Yes! Often, if at all possible!

Your age: 33 (Getting old. . .)

Nationality: Canadian

Languages you speak: French, English

Education: Law School Graduate

Where do you live?: Laval, a suburb of Montreal, Quebec, Canada

If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you settle?: Hmmm, that's a tough one. . . If I could somehow have a "pied à terre" in Montreal, Paris and New York City, I'd be a happy camper!;-)

What's currently on top of your "to do" list?: Salma Hayek -- A man can dream, right!?! She's truly one of the sexiest women alive!

Name five places you'd love to return to:

1- The Swiss Alps (one of the most beautiful places in the world)
2- Paris (again, I know!)
3- New York City
4- Germany (if only to eat a Berlin-style Döner kebap!)
5- Prague

Honestly, there are so many cities, regions and countries I long to return to, a top 5 is nowhere near enough for me!

Name five future places where you'll travel:

1- Australia
2- New Zealand
3- Argentina
4- Brazil
5- Poland

Quirky fact about you: I lick my Doritos before eating them. You wanted quirky, remember!;-)

Your most unusual traveling experience:

Oh boy, I've been to 25 countries, so I have an extensive répertoire of stuff like that!

Here's one that should bring a chuckle out of most of you. I was in Munich in the summer of 2004. If you're staying in a hostel, you'll hear of the infamous beer hall/garden crawl. The Crawl -- the best night you'll never remember. That's how they advertize it. So it's Saturday night, and there's no way I'm not doing this crawl!

At 17 euros a pop, it's a little steep. But they give you free booze in between stops (there's a poor guy pulling on a cooler full of beer cans the whole time). Hence, in order to get your money's worth, you drink like there's no tomorrow. Which, in the end, is what kills you.

I already had 3 beers in me before we even reached the first beer garden. Then you buy the mandatory Maas -- a full litre of beer -- and all of sudden everything is a lot more fun! So barely an hour into the crawl, and I already had about 2 litres of beer in me.

Add another 2 or 3 beers on the way to the second establishment, and I'm having a ball. I wanted to take it easy for a while, but I won a free Maas. I fucking never win anything, and now I find myself the winner of yet more booze!

The details of what occurred after the consumption of that second Mass become a bit vague, I'm afraid. By that time, I had nearly a gallon of booze within this body, barely two hours following our departure from the EasyEverything internet place. There was this girl from Chicago that I found quite pleasant to look at, and I was hoping that we might do more than look at one another as the night wore on. . .

Later -- much later -- I came out of a daze in the Australian bar (yes, there's an Aussie bar in Munich, or there was one) that marked the end of the crawl. How I ended up there, I have no idea whatsoever. Ill-defined images of a bunch of us stepping into a tram swirled inside my mind, but by then my brain activity was pretty much on "neutral." By some bizarre twist of fate, the Chicago gal was nowhere to be found. So one of the guides took us back to our hostel, where we sat down for yet another beer in the bar. And for the first time in my life, I wasn't able to finish my glass. That made me realize just how loaded I really was. . .

Needless to say, I was in for a rude awakening the following morning. Plans to visit Neuschwanstein were scrapped, fot there was no way in hell this unit could make the trip to that castle. Instead, I elected to walk around the Englischer Garten, where nude sunbathing is the norm. And since naked women are something I haven't yet grown tired of, I told myself that this could be a good way to get the cobwebs out of my head.

Something resembling a Greek pavilion can be glimpsed from a distance, and I endeavored to get closer to it. Sadly, the Englischer Garten, like Central Park, is huge. And no matter how much I tried, I could never seem to reach the pavilion. In retrospect, my booze-befuddled mind probably was playing tricks on me.

Seeing that no paths appear to lead in the appropriate direction, I decided to walk through a copse of trees, hoping to find a way to reach my destination. Stepping into the sunlight left me momentarily blinded. When my sight returned, I was greeted by a veritable sea of naked men. Wieners, as far as the eye could see! Some of those men were looking at me, their expression saying, "Want some meat!?!"

Never in my life have I sobered up so fast, let me tell you! When stuff like this happens, you always try to make it look as though everything is normal, that you are exactly where you want to be, etc. I would have payed a lot of money to see the look on my face just then. After a brief pause, for want of a better idea, I got the hell out of there, stepping back through the trees!

Alas, I never did set foot in that Greek-like pavilion. . .;-) I decided to call it a day at that point, which was indubitably a very good idea!

Favorite type of music: Oh my God, I'm all over the place. From 80s stuff to classical music. From movie soundtracks to hip hop. From heavy metal to rap. People can't quite believe everything I have when I put my computer on "shuffle."

What song are you listening to right now?: Closer, by Nine Inch Nails

Favorite movies:

The original Star Wars trilogy.

I have to admit that I've enjoyed the Lord of the Rings trilogy, as well as the Harry Potter movies. Schindler's List and Braveheart.

Plenty of others, though I can't quite come up with some titles at the moment. . .

I have a confession to make. . . When I feel down, my guilty pleasure is the ultimate "feel good" movie. I always rent Le Fabuleux Destin d'Amélie Poulin, which is simply fantastic. If you haven't seen it, it's available worldwide and is titled Amélie. If you haven't had the chance to see this movie, rent it immediately. Audrey Tautou is wonderful and her character could bring a smile on the face of the Grim Reaper himself!

Favorite books: Impossible to say. There are too many. . .

Who would you like to meet?: George Lucas and Jerry Seinfeld

First thing you notice about the opposite sex?: The face, of course. But after that it's the legs. I'm really a leg man, no doubt about it. And when a girl has nice legs, she usually has the butt to go with them. . . Ah, the wonders of anatomy!:-)

Are you in love?: Sadly, no. . . If anyone knows a single, attractive, smart young lady living in the Greater Montreal area, let me know!;-)

Do you like the person that sent you this?: How could I not!?! She's so nice!

Your fave drink?: Southern Comfort/7-Up

Favorite sport?: NHL Hockey, Boxing, NFL Football

What's the worst advice you ever got: "Come on, what's the worst that can happen?" Incidentally, the shit can really hit the fan, let me tell you!

Will you tag anyone to do this?: Not a chance. . .

4 commentaires:

Aidan Moher said...

A Hockey fan! Now that I can respect!

I remember well my travels through Englischer Garten on my trip in Munich... sometimes too clearly for my own good!

Funny thing is... I was feeling "under the weather" throughout most of my time there, too! Must've been that beer brewed by monks!

~Aidan
A Dribble of Ink

Chris, The Book Swede said...

That's got to the most interesting tag I've ever read! ;o)

I missed Englischer Garten :( I meant to look in on it, but was diverted.

Small world.

DesLily said...

can I tag along when you meet George Lucas? huh? huh? Pahleeze?!!

Anonymous said...

I'm a single, somewhat not attractive somewhat smart man in the Montreal area. Give me a call, babe.