Singapore photo album


Just realized that I never did post the link to the Singapore photo album. You can check out the pics here.

Though it marked the end of my Southeast Asian adventure, I had a blast in Singapore! Met some cool people and never had to look very far to find a drinking companion. Tiger beer ain't all that good, but after a few you don't really care!;-)

Met some fellow SFF aficionados over dinner one night, which was interesting. Sadly, my camera was charging so I don't have pics. But it was kind of weird to meet people who follow the Hotlist on the other side of the globe.

It was hot. No, scratch that. It was fucking hot! You see, Singapore had their hottest month of February in history this year. That's like Siberia beating all-time cold temperature records in winter!

Oh, by the way, if you are looking for men and women's fragrances, head on out to the Mustafa Center. I paid about half what I'd pay in Canada for both Diesel: Fuel for Life and Diesel: Only the Brave. Can't beat that! Singapore might be more expensive than the rest of Southeast Asia, but it's quite easy to travel there on the cheap. Just steer clear of Orchard Road!;-)

2 commentaires:

Anonymous said...

I loved Singapore when I was there a couple of years ago. For a dictatorship it rocks ;)

I'd seriously consider living there.

Did you try the famous Pepper Crab?

Jebus said...

Really enjoy Singapore every time I go, especially visiting my sister and the wild monkeys that climb all over her house.

That museum is fantastic, the guided tour there was brilliant and much better than wandering around on my own.

And yes, the beer is bloody expensive over there and with the heat it must be consumed in ever greater quantities - bastards! :)