Studio Ghibli Special Edition DVDs


Disney had just reissued three Hayao Miyazaki movies, and each title is a 2-disk set. I snooped around, but found no information as to whether or not they'll do the same with the rest of Miyazaki's body of work. Could be they are just re-releasing out of print or soon-to-be out of print titles.

- My Neighbor Totoro (Canada, USA, Europe)
- Castle in the Sky (Canada, USA, Europe)
- Kiki's Delivery Service (Canada, USA, Europe)

Fortunately for me, I bought the Studio Ghibli Collection boxset in Kuala Lumpur for about 15$!;-)

3 commentaires:

kaasblokje said...

I bought the Studio Ghibli Collection boxset in Kuala Lumpur for about 15$!;-)


uh... bootleg??

Patrick said...

Well, it looks quite legit. But it wasn't released by Studio Ghibli, so it's probably not "official." The boxset is produced by Animedia Entertainment, and was widely available in most CD DVD stores all over Malaysia. So it's not a pirate copy I bought in Chinatown somewhere.

And it was 50% off, so I got it for 45RM (less than 15$). Couldn't pass it up. Tested the disks in Kuala Lumpur and they worked just fine. I thought they would be region-coded, but no they can be played on my DVD player instead of my laptop.

It features 18 movies and additional stuff. And for every film that doesn't come in English, I have the English subtitles. So for a mere 15$, that's a pretty good deal!

kaasblokje said...

You can be sure that it isn't legit.
Look around on the internet.
Animedia Entertainment is well known for its bootlegs.
And if I'm correct there are 18 movies on 6 dvd's?
With english, chinese subtitels. (probably terrible quality) And region 0. And a very low price.

I think that says enough...