Here's another list to complement the one I posted a few weeks back. Between these various shameless plugs, you should have more than enough recommendations to fill up those Christmas present lists!:-)
And remember: Used or New, anything bought through the Amazon links helps raise funds for Breast Cancer research! And since most of these works are available in paperback, that means that you get more bang for your buck, pound, euro, or whatever the heck you use!:p
- Graham Hancock's Fingerprints of the Gods (Canada, USA, Europe) and The Sign and the Seal (Canada, USA, Europe).
Entertaining and thought-provoking books about ancient civilizations and forbidden knowledge from mankind's past. Good stuff!
- Ian McDonald's excellent Hugo nominees, River of Gods and Brasyl. Some of the best scifi novels of the last few years.
- Peter Watts' Hugo nominee, Blindsight.
- George R. R. Martin's impressive collection of short fiction, Dreamsongs, Volume 1 and Dreamsongs, Volume 2.
- Jeff Somers' high-octane cyberpunk/noir scifi thrillers, The Electric Church and The Digital Plague.
- Carrie Vaughn's entertaining Kitty novels, Kitty and the Midnight Hour, Kitty Goes to Washington, Kitty Takes a Holiday, and Kitty and the Silver Bullet.
- Melanie Rawn's urban/paranormal fantasy book, Spellbinder.
- S. L. Farrell's underrated A Magic of Twilight.
- R. Scott Bakker's disturbing thriller, Neuropath.
- Melinda Snodgrass' compelling The Edge of Reason.
- Dan Simmons' cold-as-ice The Terror.
For even more recommendations, simply click on the link to the Index of Reviews and Interviews!