Steven Erikson news

Finally, I'm the bearer of good news for a change!

With SFF novels such as Lynch's The Republic of Thieves, Morgan's The Dark Commands, and Rothfuss' The Wise Man's Fear being pushed back to 2010, there has been some speculation that Erikson's Dust of Dreams (Canada, Europe) might be late as well.

Just heard back from Simon Taylor, Erikson's UK editor, and the majority of the manuscript has already been turned in. Only the final chapters are still missing, for they feature "massive battle scenes" and the author isn't done with them yet. Bantam Press are still gunning for a late summer pub date.

In related news, the mass market paperback edition of Toll the Hounds (Canada, USA, Europe)will see the light in a couple weeks. . .

9 commentaires:

Anonymous said...

Dibs on the Arch....lol

Awesome i have been waiting for any news on this.

Anonymous said...

The "massive battle scenes" sure does makes me eager to get my hands on Dust of Dreams as soon as possible.

:D

Anonymous said...

"Massive Battle Scenes..." Ah man, that's awesome! Can't wait!

Anonymous said...

Pat,

For a supposedly lowly blogger, you sure have the best connections out there!

Thanks for putting these rumors to rest!

Anonymous said...

I just soiled myself

Adam Whitehead said...

In fairness, the book is currently listed as August, so that is 'late' compared to the releases of the last three years. That said, Toll the Hounds was also listed for August and brought forward by a month and a half, so hopefully the same thing will happen here. This is good news.

alabrava said...

the guy is a machine. I'm surprised most of the books have been as good as they have been, given that he sure can churn them out.

Anonymous said...

It will be really interesting to see if Erikson gets back to form after the abysmal Toll the Hounds, it was truly awful. Usually after I've finished an Erikson novel I've gone "Wow! WTF just happened?". With Toll the Hounds I went "Urgh.. WTF just happened?" The Malazan series is my favorite series by far but the latest book broke my heart.

Jebus said...

Just got my copy of the special ed of GotM as well - man I love Steven Erikson, the man is a freakin' legend.