Cover art and blurb for Brian Ruckley's THE EDINBURGH DEAD


This one will hit the bookstores next summer, and I'm quite curious about it. A world away from The Godless World, it will be interesting to see Ruckley writing something totally different. . .

Here's the blurb:

The year is 1827. For Adam Quire, an officer of the recently formed City Police, Edinburgh is a terrifying place. It is a city populated by mad alchemists and a criminal underclass prepared to treat with the darkest of powers. But nothing can prepare him for the trail of undead hounds, emptied graves, brutal murders and mob violence that will take him into the darkest corners of the underworld and to the highest reaches of elegant Edinburgh society.

For more info about this title: Canada, Europe

3 commentaires:

Stephanie said...

I hadn't heard of this before, but it looks like one to keep an eye out for!

Anonymous said...

Definitely a change of pace. I loved the GODLESS WORLD series. It's funny because I started and was reading THE GODLESS WORLD and THE NIGHT ANGEL trilogy by Weeks at the same time thinking I'd like the Weeks more. I wasn't disappointed in the Weeks but ended up loving the Ruckley series. So in other words I'll have to pick up this new Ruckley book.

Unknown said...

It is about time something new from Ruckley hit the shelves.