First TOWERS OF MIDNIGHT interview with Brandon Sanderson

Though he feels I should be shunned by society for my Towers of Midnight (Canada, USA, Europe) update, WoT fans should definitely check out John's Q&A with Brandon Sanderson.

Here's a teaser:

Working on A MEMORY OF LIGHT is going to be a different experience, because the greater amount of what Robert Jordan worked on is weighted toward the end of the book rather than all along one character viewpoint. But there will still be a lot of it there, and in that case I’m writing toward it. You have to remember that the way I write these books often is to take a viewpoint cluster, a group of characters, and write them through from the beginning of the book to the end of the book. Which means that I’ve already, even in THE GATHERING STORM, had to work on viewpoint lines for which there was less from Robert Jordan to use. So it’s been the same experience–it’s really divided by plotlines.

Follow this link for the full interview.

2 commentaires:

John Ottinger III (Grasping for the Wind) said...

Thanks for the linkage Pat. Btw, just got caught up on the whole debate, and since your email was so vague, my apology is extended to you. You pushed the boundaries slightly, but did not break them.

Anonymous said...

Hi Pat,

Thanks for the link, and your your earlier comments about Towers of Midnight. I don't see what the problem with your comments were. I found them to be useful and after reading them I'm going to get the book after some initial indecision.

Readers need opinions/perspectives/reviews prior to books coming out, not after.