Enter Ser Patrek of King's Mountain

The character that GRRM based on me for losing our NFL bet made its first appearance in A Dance With Dragons yesterday. And to my delight, it was indeed in a Jon chapter. Needless to say, the Lord Commander of the Night's Watch didn't think much of me. . . ;-)
------------

"My lord father used to say a man should never draw his sword unless he means to use it."

"Using it was my intent." The knight was clean-shaven and windburnt; beneath a cloak of white fur he wore a cloth-of-silver surcoat emblazoned with a blue five-pointed star.
------------

You just know the guy will get what's coming! The heraldry was a nice touch, I feel. Now, I can't wait to see me get butchered!!!

9 commentaires:

Alexander Field said...

Wow, you are immortal. That is so cool Pat! : )

Mavis said...

NICE! Congrats Pat. (and I am feeling MUCH better about my selection of how you are going to die...burned at the stake baby...)

ncombs said...

Reviews are starting to hit... when does yours come out? Do we have to WAIT for this, just like the book?

GunMetalBlue said...

You're SO immortalized now Pat. How does that feel? Man what a rush that must be!!

Anonymous said...

May your character die a long and painful death!!! ;)

Anonymous said...

I think it's cool you got in the book, but for GRRM to add the five pointed star thing in reference to the Cowboys (or any NFL team)is beyond cheesy. Makes something so big for so many people feel a bit cheap to me. But I guess if you didn't know anything about "Pat's hotlist" then you wouldn't know to care...

ito said...

I still hope Ser Patrek will die of rabbies...

Stephanie Lorée said...

That's got to be the coolest thing ever.

Ben said...

On a related note, did someone win the signed copy? And did they have to choose the correct death for the famed Ser Patrek of King's Mountain to win?