Look what the cat dragged in. . .



MWAHAHA!!!

I basically hate everything about being back home. After spending a month traveling around the southern Balkans, it really blows.

Still, there is a silver lining to all that crap, namely the slender volume you see in the picture above. =)

George R. R. Martin's A Dance With Dragons (Canada, USA, Europe) is dedicated to the author's fans around the world.

He salutes the madmen and wild women of the Brotherhood Without Banners, many of whom I had a chance to meet at Worldcon in Montreal. GRRM also salutes his fans from Asshai in Spain, those of Italy, Finland, Germany, Brazil, Portugal, France, and the Netherlands. In the end, he dedicates this book to all the fans and friends he has yet to meet.

For the map lovers, in addition to the North and South maps of Westeros, ADWD also includes maps of Beyond the Wall (new edition), the Free Cities, and Valyria.

Guess what I'm going to do now. . .

13 commentaires:

ito said...

Can I borrow your cat? I'd like it to help me move my couch. It's almost as slim as that book.

Welcome back!

Daniel said...

Gah! I can't wait until next week! I'm now going to go into a selfinduced internetcoma so that I won't stumble upon some spoiler before monday.

Welcome back and happy reading!

Melissa @ Confessions of an Avid Reader said...

Very jealous new follower here.

I hope the book lives up to your expectations. I'm in the middle of re-reading the first four books at the moment and need to start reading faster so that I can be finished by the time Dance With Dragons arrives on July 12th.

Ripper Madness said...

Well I need to blast through the last half of WISE MAN'S FEAR. And swallow whole the next book in my stack quick so I'll be ready for next week.

Still. I won't believe it until I have the actual beast in my hands. Yes I will dance in the bookstore.

Mark Lawrence said...

Just finishing my re-read of 'Feast - I'm ready to 'Dance! Where's my damn book?

Patrick said...

Well, about 100 pages into ADWD, and thus far it is as good as the first three were. =)

Nice to be back with Tyrion, Dany, Jon, and Bran. And there is a new POV tying up with the Dornish storyline from AFfC.

So far, so good!

Ninepennyking said...

Well, since I already read the book (as one of the lucky Germans), I'll just say: Enjoy the ride, Ser Patrek - it's an awesome one! :)
I'm looking forward to your review, as well as Adam's and the many, many discussions on Westeros.org.

Alexander Field said...

Holy cow...so jealous man. You must post something about the book, not specifics, no spoilers, just some impressions. Enjoy the book!

Julien said...

Pat, j'adore ton blog. Marci man.

On peut tu laisser faire le Speak White sur ton interweb? ahhh.

Chu un fan de GRRM à Montréal... on devrait se partir un club, genre.

Anonymous said...

When can your review be released?

Charlie said...

Jealous! I'm surprised you managed to blog about it before reading it! I will unfortunately be out of the country when my volume arrives - extending the wait for at least an extra 10 days before I get to read it!

Kerrygirl said...

So jealous! Can't wait to get my hands on my own copy, roll on July 12th! Didn't really rate Book 4 but adored the first three and hoping this one is a return to form. Love this series.

Moses Siregar III said...

*grumbles*