This week's New York Times Bestsellers (July 7th)

In hardcover:

Carlos Ruiz Zafón's The Angel's Game is down two spots, finishing its second week on the bestseller list at number 5. For more info about this title: Canada, USA, Europe.

Charlaine Harris' Dead and Gone is down one position, ending its 8th week on the charts at number 14.

Stephenie Meyer's The Host is up two spots, finishing the week at number 15.

Laurell K. Hamilton's Skin Trade is down seven positions, ending its fourth week on the prestigious list at number 18.

Guillermo Del Toro & Chuck Hogan's The Strain is down two spots, finishing its fourth week on the NYT list at number 24. For more info about this title: Canada, USA, Europe.

Jacqueline Carey's Naamah's Kiss debuts at number 31. For more info about this title: Canada, USA, Europe.

In paperback:

Jane Austen and Seth Grahame-Smith's Pride and Prejudice and Zombies is down two spots, finishing its 13th week on the bestseller list at number 6.

Carlos Ruiz Zafón's The Shadow of the Wind is up three positions, ending the week at number 18. For more info about this title: Canada, USA, Europe.

Charlaine Harris' eight Sookie Stackhouse novels are on the paperback bestseller list, ranking from number 3 to number 22.

2 commentaires:

Charlie said...

I was just wondering why you, Patrick, only post links to sci-fi and fantasy titles in the bestsellers list. I'm not bothered about any kind of prejudice or anything like that, but I feel you may have missed a trick here.

I'm assuming that you gain a commission of sales for people that click through your links and buy books, so I usually try to find links for titles that I'm about to order/pre-order online through your blog, because I believe that I'm doing you a favour out of gratitude to your putting the effort into the blog. It also stands to reason that many of your own audience do not exclusively read fantasy/sci-fi. Given that these books are bestsellers I'd also assume that they're good books in their genres and that there is a potential for you to not only offer your readers a shortcut to ordering books they may well want outside the focus genre(s) (I'll skip the debate on whether it's singular or plural) of the blog, but also to improve whatever income you obtain from Amazon.

Just a thought ^_^

Patrick said...

Hi Charlie,

I don't even include links to all the SFF titles on the NYT list because it's too time-consuming to create said links. I'm aware that it would likely increase what little amount I get back from Amazon (many thanks for buying stuff through those links, by the way!), but I simply don't have enough time...:-(