Big DVD sale on Amazon

The other day I received an email alert informing me that various scifi DVD boxsets could be bought at up to 50% off on Amazon. I'm not that keen on those tv shows, but I know that many people hanging around in these parts are big fans!:-)

Before posting this information, I snooped around a bit to see what the Canadian and UK websites offered in that regard. Well, it seems that you can get boxsets of shows like Battlestar Galactica, Firefly, Heroes, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Stargate, The X-Files, Smallville, Angel and more, at up to 35% off on Amazon.ca, up to 50% off on Amazon.com, and up to 64% off on Amazon.co.uk.

I rarely look at the prices of such DVD boxsets, so I have no idea if these specials are particularly worthwhile or not. But 64% off is quite a deal, methinks!;-) So you might want to check out if there are some bargains for you out there...

2 commentaires:

Ed S. said...

Keep in mind though that UK DVDs are region code 2 with the PAL TV system and can't be played in North America which is NTSC TV and region code 1. You can't really buy DVDs from across the ocean in either direction. You're pretty much limited to buying from your local Amazon because of this. Some pretty good deals though.

Simeon said...

Or you may just use a region-free dvd player, a hacked PS2 or simply your PC and play whatever region dvd you want ;)