Win a copy of Hal Duncan's VELLUM or INK


If you've been hanging around these parts for a while, then you are aware that both Hal Duncan's Vellum (Canada, USA, Europe) and Ink (Canada, USA, Europe) ranked among my top reads of 2006 and 2007. Always looking for a chance to pimp his stuff, thanks to the folks at Pan MacMillan you can now get your hands on either Vellum or Ink.

The rules are the same as usual. First off, you need to send an email at reviews@(no-spam)gryphonwood.net with the header "VELLUM" if you have yet to be introduced to Duncan's work. The header will be "INK" if you have read the first volume and wish to win the sequel. All in all, I have five books to give away. Remember to remove the "no spam" thingy.

Second, your email must contain your full mailing address (that's snail mail!), otherwise your message will be deleted.

Lastly, multiple entries will disqualify whoever sends them. And please include your screen name and the message boards that you frequent using it, if you do hang out on a particular MB.

Good luck to all the participants!

3 commentaires:

Anonymous said...

Sigh. I really never understood your affinity for Vellum Pat. It's just a big old mess to me. Even once I finally figured out the story he was telling....boring.

Mark Newton said...

I loved Vellum. It was an important, breakthrough work. Stylish, in a genre that needs books like this. I think people tended just to give up on it because it wasn't linear. How can anyone say boring though?! It had EVERYTHING going on in it.

Anonymous said...

I said boring because like I said, once I found out what story he was actually TELLING me, through all those layers, parallel realms, and multiple characters...even the ones paralleling old myths and other great literature from bygone years....I found that I just.....didn't....care. That's what sealed the coffin for me on these books. I didn't care that it wasn't linear. I'm used to non-linear storytelling. Hal Duncan was trying to infuse too much Joyce into what he was doing, and Joyce my friends....was BORING. LOL.