Excerpt from R. Scott Bakker's NEUROPATH

Damn you Jay for being quicker on the trigger than I was!:p

But as I told Scott, I'm happy to help spread the word.:-)

As you guys know, I really enjoyed Neuropath, as much as it was the most disturbing book I ever read. And if you click on this link, you can now check out the first chapter and get a feel for what could potentially be a controversial novel when it's released this spring. If you think the excerpt is a bit fucked up, believe me when I say that you have seen nothing yet!

There's an interview with Bakker on the way, and I'm also working on a giveaway for Neuropath. . .

For more info about this title: Canada, Europe

7 commentaires:

Anthony Drake Mocony said...

Is there a release date for this yet? I really want to read this, especially if it gets better. By better I mean worse, I guess. :-)

Thanks for the link.

Patrick said...

It will be published in May in the UK and Canada, and next fall in the USA.

Anonymous said...

Bakker is a phenomenal talent, I can't wait for this. But come on, does he really feel that telling people what governs their every move is somehow profound, I mean when will he get to why we bags of meat and bones like to go to the bathroom in private, I'm interested in that one. I have read Richard Laymon, but no one gives me the creeps like Bakker, and I feel bad. He seems like a great guy from what fans say and from his posts on his websites. But his writing sometime creeps me out, not in a good way. Also I bet Agent Logan gets naked before she ever draws a gun. Oh well, it is still great to get more work from one the best young writers out there, quirks and all.

Anonymous said...

Another interview with Bakker?

Wow, I can't wait. I hope it will be as long and informative as previous one.

Anonymous said...

Okay... I'm presuming it gets a lot freakier than that for you to call it disturbing?

Patrick said...

Isis, you have seen nothing yet!

Unknown said...

Pfft, come on, disturbing? I read this kinda stuff on my cereal box!
But seriously, it looks, interesting.